According to WordPress it has been two years since I registered for a WordPress account. But it actually wasn’t until 3 months ago that I started writing – definitely took me long enough to build that momentum! So I am hoping to keep it going in 2013. I will continue to cover topics in science and the community, opportunities for outreach, and ways to communicate science to the general public. Here are a few things that I am hoping to write about in 2013:
– Open science: making scientific research accessible
– Career options outside of academia for graduate students
– Citizen science: involving the public in scientific discoveries
– MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses): pros, cons, my experience
– Science & popular culture: how science and scientists are portrayed in popular culture
– Women in science
I also hope to set up a “Resources” page where I will share a few website resources that I found useful or interesting.
Thanks for reading and more to come in 2013!